Most people appreciate drinking cool water, especially on a hot day, but there are certain times when drinking very warm water is preferable. In fact, research suggests that drinking very warm water in the morning can give you digestive power, heal your body by reducing metabolic waste that has built-up in your immune system, and prevent premature aging by removing body toxins and repairing skin cells.
Other benefits of drinking warm water include:
- For medical reasons: individuals suffering from chronic colds, sneeze, and coughs, as well as those whose nostrils block regularly should consider taking very warm water every day.
- To soothe throat allergies: warm water helps to reduce soreness and uneasiness in the throat, which makes breathing easy for individuals with asthma and throat allergies
- To treat acidity and ulcers: warm water acts as an antidote when suffering from burning sensation in the stomach due to excess acid production
- To facilitate weight loss: taking a glass of warm water and lemon in the morning helps to kick-start your metabolism and facilitates the breakdown of fat in your body.
- To reduce menstrual cramps: the warmth of the water provides a calming and soothing effect on abdominal muscles, which helps to cure spasms and cramps.